We hold a Worship Service every Sunday morning (no cancellations for weather – although the Covid-19 Virus did cause us to go to website service only for a time) and special evening services for Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
Adult and Children’s Sunday School
Benevolent Outreach Programs
We support special mission projects, both local and worldwide. We believe our outreach to be concentric, beginning with an inner circle of our congregation, followed by an intermediate circle of our community, with the outer circle being worldwide missions. At the center of this circle is Christ, who commands us “as
you would that men should to you, do ye also to them” (Luke 6:31). This is known as the “Golden Rule” or “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Each of us has needed some kind of help in our life’s journey. Let us be ready to help others in those circles as we keep our focus on the center.
Here is a list of our current missions:
- Pastor Paul responds to requests for assistance from individuals as well as Social Service agencies. This response is funded by congregation donations to the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund (PDF). He is also most generous in sharing his own time to make home/hospital visits.
- Our Benevolence Committee makes monthly, as well as special holiday, cash donations to the China Food Pantry and informs the congregation of special need requests from the pantry. Benevolence funds and congregation donations are used to provide rent, fuel and electric assistance as well as Christmas presents/gift cards for needy families in our area.
- Our congregation also generously donates to special requests from the Augusta and Waterville Homeless Shelters.
- Donations are made to special mission projects such as:
- Compassion Families (Carl Schroeder originally instituted this mission) Compassion International, is a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. Members of our church sponsor children through this organization.
- Worldwide missions are funded upon request and review.